It is recommended to always remain alert of symptoms such as cough, runny nose, or shortness of breath.
Upon Check-in guest will be notified about the hygiene policy. Guests are required to show their travel insurance which should cover medical issues and the extra lodging costs in case they are infected and are not able to travel.
- Guests are recommended to wear masks in public areas when interacting with staff or other. If guest does not have a mask, staff can provide guests with one. A mask is sold at US $0.55.
- During checkin / checkout please apply social distancing of 6 feet / 2 meter spacing if reception area is expected to get over-crowded.
- During checkout we advise guests to inform the reception about their checkout plans so that bills can be ready at the expected checkout time.
Guests Check-in / out
Upon Check-in guest will be notified about the hygiene policy. For guests staying more than 3 nights it is mandatory to receive fresh bedlinen and towels on an interval of 3 days. Each guest gets their own roll of toilet paper and must bring their own toiletries. Or guests are offered to purchase little bottles of personal measured toiletries at the reception.
Upon check out: Guests are required to strip their beds and put all bedlinens in a pillowcase and bring together with their used towels to the reception. At the reception there is a hamper for bedlinen and one for towels which the guests can use to leave their used bedlinen and towels at.
Face masks and Self-test
Face masks and Self tests are available at the reception desk and can be purchased by guests. Mind you the Self-tests are a momentum aid.
In the event a guest has Covid-19 symptoms:
- It is mandatory to advise guests to get an official test taken at the testing locations mentioned in chapter “Testing on Island”.
- The guest receives the option to take a self-test. However, the guest is still advised to get an official test taken at the mentioned testing island location.
Public areas – reception, counters, lobby, waiting areas
- Cashless transactions and digital payments are always required. We encourage the use of touchless payment methods and avoid using devices where a person need to touch a screen, a button or hand on over a staff a credit card.
- The reception has emergency phone numbers immediately available of the health authorities, ambulance, SMMC, and CPS for use whenever there is the possibility that a guest may be ill. In addition, management and other emergency staff contact phone numbers are always available and updated when need be. Number 914 functions as the Covid-19 number for health information: whereas 911 functions for other emergencies.
- Use of self-service water, coffee or snacks stations are discouraged.
Hand washing and sanitation as most important step in outbreak prevention
Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available for all staff, volunteers, guests, customers, visitors, clients and members. These will be strategically situated in common public areas including the entrance to the reception desk, each bathroom location, and throughout Vicky’s Keys.
Hand hygiene means regularly and thoroughly cleaning hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
We suggest following these five steps every time:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean (paper)towel.
Handwashing should be done when sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, after use of the restroom, smoking, eating, drinking, arriving back on Vicky’s Keys premises.
- We suspend mini-bar service (Studios) and in-room sale of items until further notice.
- Rooms are pre-assigned as much as possible to avoid waiting and unnecessary physical contact.
- All rooms will have all summaries of the hygiene protocol.
- Disinfectant dispensers will be stowed in every room to promote overall hygiene.
- It is recommended to do touchless (closed door) delivery of ordered items. Room service will avoid entering the room.
Guests who share a dormitory are assigned a bed and private locker. Dormitory beds are NOT made up. All dorm beds are covered with a molton/flannel and an end cover. This is to keep the beds pristine in case other guests uses the bed for luggage and or to sit on. Dormitory guests will have to make their beds themselves.
Private Dorm Room
Guests who reserve a private dormitory room also receive a private locker. Private dormitory room beds are made up for these rooms are lockable.
Guests who reserve a private studio receive the full service for the studios are lockable.
Upon check out
Guests are required to strip their beds and put all bedlinens in a pillowcase and bring together with their used towels to the reception. At the reception there is a hamper for bedlinen and one for towels which the guests can leave their bedlinen and towels at.
Food & Beverage Service
In general breakfast is prepared by staff and guests are served from 8AM to 10AM. After guests are served staff cleans the kitchen accordingly. However, Vicky’s Café kitchen is also used for hostel guests who would like to prepare their own breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Those guests who would like to prepare their own late breakfast can use the kitchen after 10AM. It is mandatory that guests make an appointment to use the kitchen. A maximum of 2 persons if traveling together or 1 person at a time to use the Café’s kitchen. And clean-up afterwards according to protocol.
We suspend food delivery at guest rooms until further notice. It is mandatory for guests who orders breakfast to pickup it up at the Café at an appointed time.
Isolation or quarantine Protocol
- Definition Isolation separates sick people with a contagious disease from people who are not sick.
- Definition Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick. These people may have been exposed to a disease and do not know it, or they may have the disease but do not show symptoms.
Actions in case of an infected guest
In case of suspected Covid-19 cases the national guidelines are applicable. The guest must contact the reception immediately who will call 914 and follow protocol. Upon check-in guests are required to show their travel insurance which should cover the extra lodging costs in case they are infected and are not able to travel.
We have reserved two units on the premises in case of an infected guest. Infected guests will be isolated and or quarantined at designated reserved units. Service staff will then clean the previous lodging unit where the guest was lodging at.
- The affected guest needs to confirm immediately with reception whether s/he will be lodging longer as expected. This info is important in order to anticipate other guests’ reservations.
- Caregiving arrangements when quarantined and cost estimate will then be discussed with the guest followed up by a deposit for financial security for Vicky’s Keys.
- Caregiving arrangements during quarantine entails: moving into the reserved Isolation or Quarantine unit, daily food and beverages room service, cleaned accommodation, laundry service, self-test, shuttle service to Test location/ doctor/ pharmacy/hospital/airport/harbour, and if applicable other grocery/shopping services.
|Contact||Phone number||Email / Website|
|Police||Emergency: 911 Non-emergency: +1 (721) 542-2222 Anonymous Tip Line: 9300||General email: email@example.com|
|St. Maarten Medical Center||Phone : +1 721 543 1111||Email : firstname.lastname@example.org https://smmc.sx/|
TESTING ON ISLAND
HEALTH CARE LABORATORY
46 rue Manioc, Hope Estate
+590 (0) 590 77 69 77