Sint Maarten is still rebuilding and recovering from the devastating impacts of hurricanes Irma and Maria in 2017. On top of this, COVID-19 is having a severe economic impact on the local economy and community. Due to the crisis, the supply of fresh food has become insecure. To reduce dependence on food imports in the future, large-scale agriculture is necessary to make Sint Maarten less vulnerable and more self-sufficient. Sint Maarten urgently need a sustainable and resilient agricultural economy. Besides the problem of securing food, the people of Sint Maarten want and need fresh vegetables and related food with good taste and high nutritional quality. Most people consume an unhealthy national diet which causes a huge problem of obesity and diabetes. Help us build a new economy beside the current tourism economy on this island which supplies ongoing jobs and business opportunities. To move forward with further developing and supporting local agricultural projects on Sint Maarten we need your support.
The Sustainable Developments Goal Projects we are involved with are to help communities (re)build facilities to make themselves self-sufficient and resilient in case any disastrous event should strike like storms, hurricanes, earthquakes and or a pandemic. Most important is for every human being to be respected and treated equally. And to be offered equal opportunities while living and or staying in a community that provides a safe haven to be that person who they naturally are.
Our Sustainable Development Goals, are:
- #3: Good Health & Wellbeing
- #4: Quality Education
#5: Gender Equality
- #8: Decent Work & Economic Growth
- #9: Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure
- #11: Sustainable Cities & Communities
- #17: Partnerships for the Goals.
Under the umbrella of our foundation Stichting Marlin Yard, these projects are enrolled into the Eco Shares Program of our foundations Crowd Profit Sharing concept. Eco Shares gives you the oppertunity to save money while investing in a particular development project. Because of your participation to save and invest you get to enjoy incentives and share in the annual profits of the revenue of a development project of your choice.
Example Eco Shares Projects are:
- Support the Building of a Sustainable Agricultural Economy for the inhabitants of Sint Maarten.
- Support the Eco Housing Project for the building of hurricane and earthquake challenged housing.
- Support The Local Market Project to help boost local entrepreneurship.
- Support the creation of a multifunctional Shelter for natural disasters such as hurricanes, earthquakes.