- Caretakers: Hostel management, Gardening skills
Vicky’s Keys Hostel is looking for two new Volunteering colleagues for coming season.
The hostel is located in The Keys a little village in the area called Sucker Garden. Located right across the salt pond we are just a 2 mile distance from Philipsburg.
What is Vicky’s Keys and what’s a hostel?
Vicky’s Keys is a hostel. A hostel is a budget-oriented dormitory accommodation that accepts individual travellers (typically backpackers) for short-term stays, and that provides common areas and communal facilities. This means the majority of our guests shares the sleeping area, bathroom and kitchen. Except guests who sleep in the private dorm rooms and or studios, they wouldn’t have to share everything with other guests. With 15 single beds and 3 queen size beds (private room and studios) a maximum of 21 persons per night can stay at our hostel.
Are you our new colleague?
If you have some background in hostel management / operations and be willing to get involved in all aspects of running the hostel then do get in touch. You need to be smart, fun, love to BBQ, love music and create a great experience for our guests.
What are the tasks?
Task hours varies per day and depends on the guest occupancy. You will cover all duties, which are:
- bookings management, check-in and check-out.
- website / social media updates.
- cleaning, laundry management.
- preparing breakfast.
- cooking / bartending (e.g. happy hour, bbq events)
- managing and buying stock.
- ensuring when guest post their feedback they mention that both the hostel and you are awesome.
- managing day to day maintenance and contacting specialists for maintenance when you need to.
- gardening – maintaining our Permacultured and Aquaponics gardens.
- guidance of recruited volunteers for our Eco- projects.
- This opportunity would better suit someone looking for a longer term stay in one location / hostel at least 4 months.
- Preferably an EU passport holder.
- You speak English fluently and your writing skills are up to par.
- If you speak other languages then that’s a plus.
- A drivers license is a must.
- Gardening skills is a must!
You will live on location (compensation included) take care of guests and the property (technical duties) and help make the hostel a success from A-Z. With all of this we also hope you will have lots of fun and enjoy living in paradise called St. Maarten/ St. Martin.
Besides the above mentioned we aim to develop alternative means of income for the hostel such as beach pick-nicks, boating, pub/cafe crawls, bike rentals, drink/food selling, any funky ideas you have that are doable and can be enjoyed by you as well are welcome.
What you get in return?
- A place called home on St. Maarten for the busy season.
- More hostel management experience.
- Meeting lots of people from all walks of life.
- A spot in our Staff Apartment.
- Food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) & (non-alcoholic) Beverages
- Company Transportation.
- Company Phone.
- Company Clothing.
- A percentage of the monthly nett Turn Over.
For your own account
- International covered insurance
- Travel costs to and from St. Maarten DWI
Note: This position is best for couples without (young) children (e.g. preschool up to secondary education) and without pets. Dogs and Cats are not allowed.
We offer the opportunity to add your input to this little space in paradise allowing others to sleep there and having the best time in life!
You think you can add to our concept? Then send in your application and resume.